Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lavash Flatbread Chips

This isn't a very gourmet post, but I just had a short lived infatuation with some Flatbread chips I picked up on an impulse buy at Costco, they always get me with their free samples.

I think it is Costco's generic Kirkland brand Lavash Flatbread Chips made with some olive oil, flax seed, and rosemary. My excuse for buying them was for something to keep me awake on a recent road trip. They were great for that, and I didn't feel like I had to eat a ton of them to fill up, just a few handfuls and I was good.

I found a few other uses for them.

  1. They made some killer nachos. Cheese on rosemary flavored chips, I don't know how you can go wrong.
  2. Crushed up and used to top soup and chilli.
  3. Crushed up and used as topping to casserole or to bread anything (I actually didn't test this one, but I think it would be really good.)
They certainly won't be a staple food that will always be found in the cupboard, but we got some good mileage out of them.

1 comment:

  1. I picked up some foie gras and didn't have anything to put it on. I kept trying various cracker flavors in the house. The Lavish rosemary complimented the goose liver beautifully ! And now the chips are no longer at Costco. No!!!

    ReplyDelete